top of page
CDS Descp
Need for CDS

CDS Services

What is Consumer-Directed Services (CDS)?

CDS is a Medicaid-funded program that allows disabled or elderly people in Missouri on Medicaid to hire the caregiver of their choice to help with daily activities. This caregiver, or personal care attendant (PCA), can be a friend, a neighbor, or a family member other than a spouse or legal guardian. This service is COMPLETELY FREE to both the caregiver and elderly/disabled individual (consumer).

In Good Hands

Holloman Health Companies focuses on helping our Consumers in any way possible. We are more than just a job, we are a family. Our family based company really focuses and strives in helping everyone.

Your hired caregiver will provide the following services to the Consumer:

  • Preparing meals and help with eating and clean up

  • Help with dressing and grooming

  • Assistance with bathing

  • Assistance with toileting and clean up

  • Mobility/transfer anywhere in your home

  • Turning positions

  • Help with daily medications and reminders

  • Bed Making

  • Clean entire bathroom 

  • Assistance with changing linens

  • Cleaning floors

  • Cleaning and maintaining any equipment

  • Doing laundry in the home or at an offsite facility

  • Clean entire kitchen including washing dishes

  • Pick up and take out any trash

  • Cleaning of Ostomy equipment

  • Catheter Hygiene

  • Passive range of motion activities

  • Tidy and dust around the home

  • Supply any care treatments needed

  • Essential Transportation

This service is administered by the Missouri Division of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), and it’s available to eligible adults over the age of 18. The goal of this program is to help participants live independently and choose someone they trust to provide them with care. Participants are responsible for hiring and managing their own attendants.


This means is that if you are in need of extra assistance in your home, and you qualify for CDS, you may hire your own personal care assistant. The friend or family member you hire will take care of the above task.

What qualifications do I need to start CDS?

If you meet the below criteria you may be eligible for CDS:​

  • Have Medicaid

  • Able to direct your own care

  • Have a disability

  • Over the age of 18

  • Need assistance with daily activities

  • Live in Missouri

  • If you are unsure if you qualify, call us and we will determine for you!


Already Have CDS? Switch to Holloman Care today!

What is the switching process like?

Switching to Holloman Care CDS is really easy! It takes 3 minutes. Here’s the 3-step process:

1. Call us at 417-569-0755

2. The state of Missouri will call you to confirm the switch

3. You and your caregiver will sign paperwork

Its that's simple! Call us at anytime to switch your provider. Holloman Health Care is a family oriented company, we treat all of our participants like extended family and will help with any problems you may have.

How can I become a personal care attendant (PCA)?

Anyone can become a caregiver! They must be chosen by the CDS program participant (consumer). This means that family members, close friends, or anyone other than the consumers spouse can be a personal care attendant. As a consumer, you will hire, train, and give directions to your caregiver. While specific tasks may vary, most care assistants do some of the task that are listed here. You must pass a background check to qualify to be a personal care attendant. If you have felony charges but still want to be a care attendant, read here.

4-step process to becoming a PCA

1. Complete paperwork and discuss job with consumer.

2. Collect 2 forms of identification (ID and SSC or ID and Birth Certificate).

3. Pass 3 required background checks.

4. Receive needed paperwork and proper clock in/out training.

You can work for your family!

If you are wanting to be a personal care attendant, we recommend that you find out if anyone in your family has Medicaid or is struggling from a disability.

How do our PCA's get paid?


We pay all of our Personal Care Attendants at an hourly rate. After beginning the job, we assign a pay card to the attendant. The attendant can also set up direct deposit if they prefer. Our pay cards are easy to use and we have ATMs all over Missouri so you can withdraw your cash for free! We have over 100 attendants using these pay cards every day. PCA's can access their paystubs and other information through our portal given by Holloman Care on request. Ask a Case Manager at Holloman Care to set up direct deposit!

How many hours will I be paid for?

The amount of hours allowable to work everyday is determined by Medicaid and is given on the consumers Plan of Care. The amount of hours given on the Plan of Care vary due to the amount of help the consumer is needing at home. These hours will be worked by the PCA and will be paid every two weeks. Ask a Case Manager at Holloman Care if you have more questions on this topic.

How do PCA's record their visits?

We require all of our caregivers to download an app call Amber Chron Manager. Holloman Care staff will train every new PCA on how to clock in/out. Your clock in/out is sent directly to our system for pay. Our app is easy to use and is used by all 200+ of our PCA's!  

Get Job
bottom of page